Monday, September 5, 2011

Ghost?

Scary!

This morning, I woke up to one hair-raising experience of my life.

It was past 6:30 in the morning and as I got up from bed, I went straight to my mini-component and played some music. I manually adjusted the volume to something like 35. I knew it was pretty loud, but this had been part of my routine and who would care; everyone should be busy preparing for work by such a time of the morning.

I went to collect my soap and shampoo and headed for the shower. But before I could turn my back, the music faded. I was suspicious because it was only the middle of the song. So, I investigated. And what I found? The volume meter was turned to zero! Of course, as I was alone in my room I could not think of any possible cause for that phenomenon except... ghost? Arrgggghhhh, my hair stood up. I manually raised the volume again saying (to whoever must have done it), “Sorry!”

I do believe in ghosts, spiritual entities, whatever you call them. It is because I find it logical that if there is a God, and angels, then it should follow that there are ghosts, and souls and paranormal or supernatural beings.

About a year ago, the Camp Clerk was in the hallway of the building where my room was located. It was 12 noon. On the opposite side of the hallway just beside my room’s door, he saw this guy in a thobe (white Arabic outfit).  The guy must be about six feet and with a really huge stature. The Camp clerk did not know who the guy was, and what he was doing in that all-Filipino building. So he called his attention, “Hey, why are you here!”

But instead of answering, the guy headed straight into the direction of my room and simply zipped past gone like a mist and disappeared into my room’s door! The poor frightened guy could not utter a word and ran out of the building in panic. That night I could not sleep learning of that incident and thinking that inside that room, some mysterious being must have been inside watching me.

Prior to that, I already had a feeling something or someone strange could be in my room or in the building. There were many times when I was woken up in the middle of my sleep. And every time it happens, it is always 1:00 am. There are three ways in which I was woken up; one, when I dream of something (especially if it is scary) and at the peak of the dream I wake up. Then I would check my watch and it is 1:00 am. The other one is when I hear two knocks on my door. When I wake up and check on my watch, again, it is 1:00 am. The third is a combination of both – at the peak of my dream I would hear two knocks on the door and I would wake up, and again, it is 1:00 am. And this happened many times; even this dawn!

And there were other incidents too which my co-occupants of the building experienced:

#1: In the middle of the night, the TV in our recreation would turn on and when one peeps in to check who is inside, the TV simply turns off itself;

#2: One of the toilets flushed and when the utility man checked the flushing cubicle (to repair something), no one was inside;

#3: When I went out of the toilet, there was this person zipping past the hallway and turned left to the main door. When I followed him, no one was there. Another co-employee from the opposite part of the hallway happened to see the same guy but he too was puzzled who that person could be!

#4: Washing machines and dryers would simply turn on and when the utility man checks on the laundry area, no one was there and the machines would stop.

And there are still other strange incidents in my compound that even the Saudis have their own stories and experiences to share. And they all believe it!

When I was a kid, there was this uninhabited part of the road full of huge trees on our way from my house to the market. In the middle of this was a cave which, according to stories of local residents, a floating coffin appears, or the huge trees would sway. Every time I would pass such a place, my hair would stand. One time, my mom asked me to buy something from the market. I initially refused but I had no choice. It was my first time to be alone passing by that place. My heart beat fast. It was almost 12 noon and the trees were still. I told myself to be calm and cool and that everything I heard of the place was a hoax. But suddenly, the trees shook fiercely and fist-sized stones were thrown towards my direction from the cave! I was so frightened that I felt my spirit flew away and I was flying instead of running to reach my house. My mom was very surprised at how fast I was able to return back home.

And still, the stories seem endless. Even with my newly-constructed house in the province where my sister temporarily occupies said that while they were watching TV in the living room, the channel was instantly switched. When they checked where the remote control was, it was just on top of the TV set!

Awooohhhhhhhh! I admit that with what I experience now, I feel a little frightened. But I guess there is nothing to do but understand that in this world, things happen and got to be lived by. Never mind answering the “why’s” and “how’s”; just believe in the mighty someone who protects and guides.

AMEN…

No comments:

Post a Comment